Sunday, October 20, 2013

The Last Little Bit


The past week has been an exhausting one. But exhausting in an I'm fortunate and grateful for the people I love and the moments I experience kind of way.  On Wednesday I took the Amtrak train from Chicago to Kalamazoo, Michigan.  My good friend Nicole picked me up (more about how cool Nicole is here) and we spent the the next three days on the road from Michigan to Cleveland, Ohio and then back to Michigan.  The trip offered us miles and miles of good conversation and laughs. We only stopped talking long enough to eat delicious foods.  And the visit fueled my soul in a way only time with an old friend can. 

The photo above and the rest below are pictures from my trip with Nicole. I'm really enjoying the contrast of the pictures I took in Michigan at Nicole's house and the urban pictures I took in Chicago from the train.  


Train Photos



More Train Photos



Nicole is bombarded with the camera the moment she picks me up from the train.


Nicole and I

Hudson, Nicole's ham bone son. I asked him if I could take his picture. This is the doll face look he gave me in response. 

I love fall in Michigan.

Sipping warm apple cider on the lake.




Just looking at  these photos I can almost smell fall in the air. Fresh air is something I seriously took for granted before moving to Chicago.

XO,   M

PS. I will be posting pictures later this week from Saturday date night in with Nick!

No comments:

Post a Comment